Healthy Habits for a Healthy Future
Building Healthy Habits for a Healthy Future
Our program helps pave the way for a lifetime of healthy habits by encouraging balanced nutrition and physical activity in early childhood. At Little TOTS Childcare, children are on their way to reaching their full potential and avoiding chronic diseases later in life.
Our program includes the following goals:
- Physical activity: 1-2 hours every day, including outside play when possible.
- Limited screen time: At school, no more than 30 minutes weekly. At home, a maximum of 1-2 hours/day of quality screen time. None for kids ages two or younger.
- Food: Fruits or vegetables during at least two eating occasions per day. Meals served family style. Avoid fried foods.
- Beverages: Water, whenever. No sugar-sweetened drinks. For ages two+: low- or non-fat milk. 4-6 ounces (max.) of 100% juice a day.
- Infant feeding: We support parents’ decisions. Breastfeeding moms can provide milk and are welcome to breastfeed during school time.
In Canada., health risks tied to poor food choices and physical inactivity have increased significantly. Studies show that one in five children is overweight or obese by age six.
We provide a variety of healthy choices during meals and snacks and encourage children to try new foods.
LittleTOTSChildcare. Nurturing in every way.